MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE
- Motor Vehicles - used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes.
- Motor Cycle - used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes.
- Goods- Vehicles used to transport own goods and general cartage
- Mini Bus- Passenger carrying buses used for fare paying passengers
- Hired- Self-drive rented vehicles
- Taxi- Passenger carrying vehicles used for fare paying passengers.
- Special Types- Special Types of vehicles such as ambulances, mobile cranes, earth moving equipment, forklifts and other tools of the trade.
TYPES OF COVER
This type of cover protects the Insured against legal liability for bodily injury to third parties. In respect of any claim by any one person $300,000.00. In respect of a series of claims arising out of one event $1,500,000.00. This cover also provides coverage for damage to third party property arising out of the use of a motor vehicle in respect of any claim by any one person $250,000.00 and in respect of a series of claims arising out of one event $500,000.00. There is no cover for the vehicle itself.
In addition to the Third Party coverage, this type of policy also covers loss of or damage to the Insured’s Vehicle by Fire and/or Theft.
This is the widest form of motor vehicle insurance coverage offered and covers:- → The Insured’s legal liability for bodily injury to third parties and damage to third party property arising out of the use of a motor vehicle → We will indemnify you against loss of or damage to the insured vehicle and its accessories and spare Parts while thereon There are certain exclusions under the standard Comprehensive policy, however, they may be covered as an extension to the policy, at an additional premium. Standard Benefits: Earthquake, Hurricane, Flood, Windscreen Damage, Strikes, Riots & Civil Commotions, Spare Parts, Loss of Use. Standard Benefits to a Comprehensive insurance policy includes: → Damage to Garage by Fire → Medical Expenses → Personal Accident to you and/or your spouse → Luggage and Personal Effects → Loss of Licence → Motor Traders’ Clause/br>